Adobe photoshop.....need some help

Morpheus© 07:59 02 Jun 03

hi, I will try and put it like it is, I have a picture on the work area, i use the "lasso" tool to draw round the bit i want to copy, and click "copy", i then put another picture up and click "paste" now the problem, I can not find anyway of moving the pasted bit around and altering the size of it..i must have clicked every button on the screen, have i by any chance started off on the wrong foot..thanks for any help.

Morpheus© 08:39 02 Jun 03

just by chance i know how to move the pasted bit,so thatjust leaves "how do you alter the size" thanks

Lú-tzé 08:57 02 Jun 03

I don't know an easy way to alter the size - I find it easier to ensure that the two images are the same image depth and have the same resolution (dpi) before copying / pasting.

So if I have a street scene with no cars parked, and I want to add a car, I ensure that the car image I have has the same dimensions in terms of dpi and depth as has the street. That way they are similarly proportioned.

I hope this makes sense - I only mess a little with Photoshop and do things the hard way a lot of times.

Morpheus© 09:17 02 Jun 03

hi, yes that does make sense...I have only ever used micrografx picture publisher, with that it puts a box round the pasted bit and you can pull the corner of the box down to make it any size you like,, so somewhere in Adobe, for the price, it must have something like it...
thanks anyway..

ribo 10:00 02 Jun 03

In Photoshop. Edit>Transform or free tranform. Is that what you want? Ribo

Morpheus© 10:05 02 Jun 03

what can one say?....nice one, thanks very much.

all sorted....

i will remember you for next time :-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5