Adobe photoshop Starter Edition 3.2/Burn to DVD

shiretoko 13:28 20 Aug 09

Hello I am using Adobe photoshop Starter Edition 3.2. I can burn my photos to CD but when I try to burn photos to DVD it will not work.
My computer repair guy said that CD is for photos and DVD for video but I do not think he is right. Will anyone let me know how I can burn photos to DVD using Adobe photoshop? Thank you.

PO79 13:36 20 Aug 09

May sound obvious, but you do have a DVD burning drive, and not just a CD Burner.

shiretoko 13:55 20 Aug 09

Adobe asks to choose a drive but it only shows one drive.
D:SONY DVD RW DW-G 121A is this DVD buring drive? But this will let me burn onto CD but not DVD... Sorry about my ignorance...

PO79 14:40 20 Aug 09

Yes that's certainly a DVD Dual Layer Burner: It may be just a case of incompatible blank DVD's. Could you try another make.

eedcam 18:35 20 Aug 09

do you mean Starter album dont think that burns to dvd not if its this
click here
Please confirm exactly what you have

shiretoko 19:06 20 Aug 09

Yes it is Adobe Starter Album. So I guess I can not burn my photos to DVD using Adobe. Am I right to think that I will need to use MS Media Centre to burn to DVD??

eedcam 22:35 20 Aug 09

apart from the disc space there is no real advantage in just putting photos on a dvd as opposed to a cd . either way if you just add the photos and make either a data dvd or cd the e dvd player will /should have its own software to enable you to show them .If you make a slide show thats a different story you can make that with windows movie maker which you have if you have xp or vista. The latter can burn to dvd .The former no problem you just export the show as either best quality WMV or dv avi Pal
use something like dvd flick which is free to author and burn as a normal dvd
Or as you say use your media Centre though not familiar with that

shiretoko 08:46 21 Aug 09

Thank you for your advice.
I just happen to have a lot of DVD disks so I wanted to use them when burning photos using Adobe photoshop starter album.

Everything is clear now and thank you all for your kind help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac