Adobe photoshop nightmare

nickyjane 20:44 17 Aug 05

Hi Guys
Have installed Adobe photoshop elements 3.0 on my pc ( shop bought copy ) and it has taken over my pc. For Example if I open my pictures folder ,it now opens in adobe same with email attchment photo's adobe is opening them as well, it seems like adobe is every where, I only wanted to retouch some photo's for redeye. O/S is xp pro any ideas on getting adobe under control. Thanks

Aggers 20:58 17 Aug 05

Have you tried right-clicking on the image and selecting the programme you want to use to open the picture via "Open With" e.g Windows Fax and Picture Viewer? You can also opt to check the tick box via Choose Program... to ensure the same application opens with the image.This should give you more control on which applications to use.
Hope this helps.

Completealias 21:00 17 Aug 05

Sounds like your opening files types that adobe has now taken control of.

Luckly you can change these back goto my computer then tools / folder options / file types tab

You now see a list of file types on your computer scroll down the list until you see the file type you want to change and click on it and then down the bottom of the tab you wil see an opens with and then a change button. Click the change button and then point to the program you want to open the files with.

Alternatively right click on the file and choose open with then click choose program find the program you want to open it with and make sure the box always use the selcted programs to open these files.

woodchip 21:10 17 Aug 05

you should always do a custom install when loading programs not yes yes yes

nickyjane 22:12 17 Aug 05

followed for instructions all now seems fine.

Thanks to the other guys, lesson has been learned.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…