Adobe Photoshop Elements question

TommyRed 20:03 20 Mar 04

Does anyone use this program? If so I have a question maybe someone can help with. When I open 2 photo's and I want to put part of one onto the other, it wont let me as the layers aren't working and each photo is described as a background. Any help? TIA TR

iambeavis 20:32 20 Mar 04

Try this. Open both images side by side then click on the layer tab to bring it down. Decide which image you wish to use as the background and click on the other one to make it active - it should now be the only one visible in the layers palette. Drag the active image from the palette to the background image in the workspace, this will now give you background and layer 1. Use the eraser to get rid of the parts of layer 1 you don't want. You can also delete the original of layer 1 which is still in the workspace. Hope this is of use to you.

Dumble452 20:44 20 Mar 04

According to the user guide -When you create a new image with a colour filled background the bottom layer in the layer palette is locked and labelled background. You cannot change the stacking order of a Background layer, its blending mode or its opacity. However to do any of these things you can convert a background layer to a regular layer.
To create a layer from the background -(i) double click the background in the Layers palette to convert it to a layer OR (ii) Choose Layer > New > Layer to convert the background to a layer. rename the layer in the New Layer dialogue box and click OK.
Hope this helps, haven't tried it myself yet.

TommyRed 21:01 20 Mar 04

Yes, it worked not quite as I understood you'd said but I got it to work, thanks. TR

iambeavis 21:16 20 Mar 04

Glad to be of help. Try this click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…