Adobe photoshop elements or suggestions

Blake 14:09 11 Nov 05

Anybody any experience of using Adobe photoshop elements? Is it simple to use,useful and worth the money?

I've tried using the full photoshop package in the past and found it over complicated and a bit mind bogggling.

I need a package that my 12 year old (pc literate!!) son and wife (not so pc literate) will be able to use easily.
Any suggestions please.

anchor 15:05 11 Nov 05

I have not used Elements, but I understand what you mean about the full Photoshop.

My own personal favourite is Paint Shop Pro; much easier to use.

You could also have a look at the free Irfanview; it does quite a lot.

click here

hssutton 15:39 11 Nov 05

IMO far better than irfanview is photofiltre, which is also freeware and exceptionally easy to use. click here especially now that a number of plug-ins are becoming available.

Elements is quite simple to use and also puts you on the road to the full Photoshop program, as for PSP being easier than PS, it all depends on which interface you become acustumed to, I much prefere PS

fazer 16:11 11 Nov 05

I agree with hssutton, Elements is a "scaled down" version of Photoshop and mastering Elements would put anyone in good stead for photoshop.

My sons are of similar age and use Elements all the time whereas Dad uses the the full Photoshop. It really is very good and perhaps more importantly, is stable .... unlike Photoimpact (Ulead)before anyone dares recommend that particular software.

alB 16:23 11 Nov 05

Personally I prefer Paint Shop Pro but my father in law uses Photoplus from Serif click here ...alB

LAP 16:58 11 Nov 05

We use Adobe Photoshop Elements 3. I subscribe to 'Digital Photo' mag which includes a CD rom, which contains video lessons (explained in English) on all the Adobe softwares. This to me has openned up a whole new world, particularly using 'Layers'
Simple to use and for me well worth the money.

LAP 16:14 15 Nov 05

How did you get on?

absent 17:42 15 Nov 05

I am using elements 4 and find it has many great features, automatic quick fix options + nearly all of the power of the full photoshop if you need it. The album also has many useful ways to categorize your photos. Check out this siteclick here for some useful videos on what it can do

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…