Adobe Photoshop Elements 9.0

Garden nome 10:28 13 Feb 11

Hi Everyone,
I hope someone can help me !!!!
I bought the above Program several weeks ago and am finding it difficult to "come to terms" with it.
I took photographs on last years holiday and several of known beauty spots. The problem is, I have got other people in the shots (which I don't want) so I have been told that Elements 9 has a tool to get rid of such problems and leave the photo looking as if no one had been there when I took the shot. I have searched amongst the tools but cannot find the one which will carry out this function.
Can anyone please advise me?
Many thanks,
Garden nome.

amonra 11:23 13 Feb 11

I'm no expert but I use the clone tool to add/remove bits from my pics.
Make a good copy of your original photo, then open it in Elements, enlarge it, and work on small areas at one time. Experiment with the "Clone" tool. You'll be surprised at the results.

Alternatively, there are a lot of helpful videos on google.

iscanut2 11:26 13 Feb 11

Have a look here click here

Also, put Elements Tutorial into Google search, lots of info which may help.

QuizMan 13:01 13 Feb 11

It is easier said than done. It involves using either the clone tool or healing brush (or both).

This video might get you started. It is a demonstration using an older version of Elements, but it might point you in the right direction.
click here. In the list should be a video entitled Retouching with the Clone Tool

Bapou 18:15 13 Feb 11

Version 9 - choose the spot healing brush from the tool bar running down the left hand side.

To remove anything or anyone just brush over until completely covered, thn stop. Elements will start the removal. This feature is new to Elements and is referred to as Content Aware.

It's not always perfect but you can go over the space left with the Clone Stamp tool, just beneath Spot Healer, to complete the blending in of the background.

I upset my daughter recently because she had been removed from landscape photos taken on holiday in Yosemite Park California. Nothing personal, I was just creating a slideshow of the park and it's wildlife without any human presence in the centre.

Bapou 16:55 14 Feb 11

Searching for a different tutorial, came across an excellent video on You Tube relating to using the spot healing brush which you ask about.

If you have not resolved the question then it's worth your while to view the tutorial: click here

Garden nome 17:23 14 Feb 11

Many thanks to all of you for your advice. especially bapou.
Garden Nome

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…