Adobe Photoshop Elements 4 - Menus not working

Bestselling Author 15:35 30 May 06

I've had Adobe Photoshop Element 4 installed for several months now, but suddenly last week the menus stopped working (File, Edit, Window etc). Whenever I clicked on the menu headings with the mouse I received the following error message: "Could Not Complete Your Request Because of a Programme Error". I've repaired, uninstalled, reinstalled, all to no avail. It makes it very difficult to use the programme without being able to use the menus! I had installed a Pen and Tablet software recently, but I uninstalled that before reinstalling Elements, but I'm still having the same problems. Any ideas anyone?

absent 17:21 30 May 06

Do you have a system restore point prior to when this problem started?

Bestselling Author 17:37 30 May 06

I've done some more investigating and discovered that if I unstall the Genuine Fractals plug in, the menus all work fine. If I reinstall the plug in - the problem occurs again. Not sure why this has happened, but now I think I've identified the cause of the problem I'll contact the company that created the plug in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…