Adobe Photoshop Elements 3 or Jasc Paintshop Pro?

WGW 12:54 04 May 05

Which is the better Photoshop Elements 3 or Paintshop Pro?

I have access to both but should probably concentrate on one of them. I've recently purchased a digital camera and wondered which application would be the best to work with. Can anyone give recommendations or advice on this?

Kate B 13:08 04 May 05

I like Elements, not least because (I think) Elements 3 comes with the organising software, too.

ventanas 13:58 04 May 05

No contest. Page Shop Pro wins hands down. They are not in the same league.

wx622 14:12 04 May 05

Do you want a real program, or a program that has had bits cut out of it to bring the price down?

PaintShop Pro sells for £100 incl. VAT (perhaps you can get it cheaper than this) (FULL PROGRAM)

Adobe PS Elements sells for around £70 incl. VAT
(bear in mind, that this hasn't got as many functions as PaintShp Pro)

PaintShop Pro is also easier to get to know, and better value for money.

No contest...

anchor 14:16 04 May 05

Personally, I would go for Paint Shop Pro. The new version 9 is excellent, (up-date to v9.01 available on the web).

jack 14:17 04 May 05

PSP not argument

anchor 14:20 04 May 05

PSP9 is available from Amazon for £80, including delivery.

click here

Magik ®© 14:21 04 May 05

paint shop pro every time, they are trying to get rid of adobe elements 3 on QVC for about £50, and if they have it, it must be hard to get shot of.....

amonra 16:54 04 May 05

If you have access to both, then why not instal both ? Try them out for a while and then un-instal the one you dont like. I have two progs installed on my machine and find that PSP does some things better than Adobe,and vice-versa. Try it and see.

oseven 19:32 04 May 05

I prefer Adobe because you can join Adobe Studio Exchange and download loads of brilliant freebies contributed by other users.
It's a real community.Not unlike this site where so many others are willing to help.
I also have PSP but rarely use it.

hssutton 19:53 04 May 05

My suggestion is, if you don't wish to get too involved with digital editing then Elements is the way to go, easier to use and cheaper than PSP. If you think that you will get into photo editing in a serious way, then Elements is still the way to go, as with Elements you will learn the basics of the ultimate in photo editing, Photoshop CS11.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…