Adobe Photoshop Album - Starter Edition

Angry Kid 18:13 PM 04 Dec 12

All,

I wonder if you could help with suggestions of recommended free software.

My wife has used the Adobe software for a number of years and enjoyed it. However, she is curious as to what else will have taken its place over the years.

Thanks for your help.

Angry ;-)

torver 18:43 PM 04 Dec 12

Hi Angry, It all depends on what you want to do. The Gimp for windows is almost as good as the full setup of photoshop but is a bit idiosyncratic. Picasa from google will do the basics or there is Serif PhotoPlus Starter Edition 3 which is free although you have to register with an email (not a problem for me as I have an email address which I use purely for sites asking for an email which could be used for sending spam, then every month I clear it all out) and the options that are not available with this free version introduce a pop up box exhorting you to upgrade to the paid version but it gets good reviews Regards

hssutton 21:35 PM 04 Dec 12

Photoshop Album was essentially and image organizer, albeit with basic editing thrown in. If you want an freeware editor then paint.net is one of the best. [Paint.net][1]

However if you want an editor + Organnizer for free then Picasa is probably the one to use. [Picasa][1]

hssutton 21:38 PM 04 Dec 12

Sorry the links are missing

Picasa

Paint.net

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…