Adobe Photoshop Album replacement

tjbrady 18:34 PM 01 May 11

Hi I have 10s of thousands of photo going back 10 years all tagged in Adobe Photoshop Album. I am a simple home user without the requirement for extensive phot editing and management tools. I am very happy with Album because I can find everything I want via my tags. However Adobe have dropped the product and the only migration path which does not throw away hours worth of tagging requires me to have CS5 and its very complicated professional photo management kit. This is too pricey and too complicated for me! Does anybody know of an alternative simple tagging and organisation tool that can import the Adobe Photoshop Album tag?

Pineman100 19:02 PM 01 May 11

I believe that Google Picasa will import picture file tags, but it won;t cost you anything to find out - Picasa is free. And it's a useful photo file organiser.

I suggest you download it and try to see whether it suits your needs.

Click here to download it.

QuizMan 21:29 PM 01 May 11

I am not familiar with Photoshop Album, but I use Photoshop Elements 9. That has a photo Organiser which uses tags (as did previous versions of Elements) and I wonder if the two are compatible. Perhaps others can shed some light.

hssutton 23:09 PM 01 May 11

"To retain captions, and tags that you added in Photoshop Album Starter Edition, import your catalog into a trial version of Adobe Photoshop Elements. Using Adobe Photoshop Elements, upload your photos to Photoshop.com."link text

This suggests that you can import from Album into Elements

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED