Adobe Photoshop 7.0

Michael-240508 09:42 01 Jun 03

Hi all
Anybody know about scratch disks.
I've been using photoshop for about a year with win 98.Kept crashing so I installed win 2000 because it manages memory better.
Had no real problems for about a fortnight now every time I open photoshop it tells me my scratch disks are nearly full.
I am now also getting crashes in photoshop.
Hard drive is defragmented and ram is optomised

AndySD 10:17 01 Jun 03

If you havent set the primary scratch disk to a different drive or partition then its on the C Drive..... either your drive is almost full or badly fragmented. Go Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools and defragment the drive...If it badly fragmented it will take a while.

Michael-240508 10:35 01 Jun 03

Thanx for the reply. As I mentioned my hard drive is fully defragged and I have 65gb free space.

Morpheus© 10:37 01 Jun 03

sorry to jump in on your thread, but this time i could not help it...."scratch disk" could you tell me what it is, only i have the same thing come up.. i have adobe photoshop ver 6.1.. not knowing what it is, i just click OK, and it goes till next time...

thanks......and sorry again

AndySD 10:37 01 Jun 03

can you set the scratch dist to a different partition/disk?

If not uninstall and reinstall

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…