Adobe photoshop 5 on windows 7

Quilljar 21:02 03 Dec 09

I still have an old copy of Adobe photoshop 5 which worked fine on Windows XP. I cannot seem to get it to work in win 7. Is there anyway that this can be achieved without forking out the full price for a new copy?

eedcam 22:13 03 Dec 09

Try asking on P/shops own forum
click here

David4637 15:41 04 Dec 09

Could try using the compatibility mode. Don't know W7 menus. I use PS V5 and V7 on XP. PS V7 is about 80% good when compared to CS3. David

GaT7 16:09 04 Dec 09

As David4637 suggests, try compatibility mode to begin with click here. G

ambra4 16:20 04 Dec 09

Paint Shop Pro 7 works fine with Windows 7

dryvit 22:22 29 Jan 10

Hi Quilljar. I have the same situation. Photoshop 5 wouldn`t install from a CD. But, if you have access to your old computer, you can try copying the Photoshop file (Program Files ..Adobe .. Photoshop 5.0) onto your new hard drive. I tried that, and it works, kinda. Photoshop now won`t recognize gif, png, or bmp files. It also won`t save my preferences when I exit the program. But it still works with jpg files (that`s good enough for me, most of the time). I`m trying to learn how to allow gifs, etc to work...wish me luck!

Quilljar 23:39 29 Jan 10

him Dryvit,
By coincidence i tried exactly what you sugget a few days ago and it worked for me too. I have only tried jpgs so i cannot say i have had any problems.

thanks and good luck

Q

john810 02:40 30 Jan 10

<a href="click here">iPhone Ringtone Maker</a> is a powerful iPhone Ringtones Maker which can not only convert mainstream audio files like WMA, WAV, RA, M4A, MP3 to iPhone ringtones in M4R format but also make iPhone ringtones from videos like AVI, MPEG, WMV, DivX, MP4, H.264/AVC, AVCHD, MKV, etc.
<a href="click here">AVI to iPhone Converter</a>

3people 15:42 24 Feb 10

<a href="click here">links of london</a> <a href="click here">links of london</a> <a href="click here">links of london</a>

Sea Urchin 15:51 24 Feb 10

Spam - not even posted on a "relevant" thread.

john bunyan 16:27 24 Feb 10

have a look here:
click here

I think only versions 7 and 8 are compatible.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now