Adobe Photodeluxe 3.1

Stitchy 10:38 06 Jul 03

I am unable to open Adobe Photodeluxe on Windows 98SE. The following messages appear: The shell 32.DLL File is linked to missing export SHLWAP1.DLL:SHRegGetUSValue.
C:\Program files\PhotodeluxeHE3.1\PD3.EXE a device attached to the system is not functioning.
I have uninstalled and re-installed to no avail!
Help.

-pops- 10:50 06 Jul 03

This is no help to you at all but just relates my experiences.

I had this program as the software with a Fuji digital camera a long time ago. Every time I opened it, it would come up with an error message, the one you describe being one of them. I re-installed the program and also re-installed W98 (though not because of this) but it was always the same. I never did get to use it.

There is most likely a good reason that Adobe stopped selling this program and I think we have both found it!

Brian

Stitchy 14:51 06 Jul 03

Thanks Pops
Unless someone (like Adobe!) comes up with the solution I shall have to dispense with it and use a better photo editing software. Any suggestions?

-pops- 15:03 06 Jul 03

Adobe don't support Photodeluxe any more and certainly not the 3 version (it died with version 4)

I have used PaintShop Pro for many years now and, when you are familiar with it, it is very easy and versatile. It's simliar to Adobe PhotoShop but VERY much cheaper. Version 8 of PSP has just been launched so you might be able to get version 7 (or below) very cheaply. PSP 8 is just under £100. Alternatively there is Photoshop Elements which is a cut down version of Photoshop.

Serif Software has a picture editing suite. Obsolete versions are given away on magazine cover disks. Fans like Serif but I'm not familair with it.

Other than that there is Roxio (MGI) Photosuite which is a good program in what it does but I can't cope with the childlike interface it has.

A special (free) program for getting rid of redeye and other things is OfotoNow click here

Brian

Stitchy 15:18 06 Jul 03

Many thanks Pop, I shall now move on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…