Adobe PDF help wanted

The Teacher 19:50 20 Feb 06

I am currently off work with tonsilitis. I have a disk of maths worksheets that are in Adobe PDF format and which I use a lot.

The problem is that I cannot copy or paste because it says that the document is encrypted. I have never had this problem before and have used the copy paste facility regularly.

I need to use these sheets to set work for tomorrow. Anybody got any ideas on how to over-ride encryption?

Thanks

The Teacher

€dstowe 19:54 20 Feb 06

The whole point of encryption is so that you cannot alter the files.

The Teacher 19:57 20 Feb 06

I don't want to alter them, just send certain pages by e-mail but I cannot figure out how to do that either.

The Teacher

brambles 10:31 21 Feb 06

Open My Computer
Click on the drive that contains the worksheets.
Make sure the View is details
Right click on a file and select Send - you will have an option Mail Recipient.

Brambles

keith-236785 10:49 21 Feb 06

in adobe, click on the file menu edit/select all, this selects everything on the open page, then click edit/copy.

you can then paste into word or an e-mail etc.

not sure if it will work for encrypted though but thats how i grab bits of pdf files that i want to save.

VoG II 14:49 21 Feb 06
  The Teacher 19:52 21 Feb 06

Thanks all.

I finished up using another set of worksheets that I could copy and paste from PDF but not what I wanted.

I cannot understand what is up with this file because I have used the copy and paste facility with this disk regularly, but for some reason last night it wasn't playing.

Thanks for the link VoG, I have a feeling I have something similar on a PC mag disk, if not I will look into further the software you provided the link for.

Thanks again to you all.

The Teacher

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant