adobe pdf files

Newuser2 18:40 28 Aug 04

I can't download any adobe pdf files.
When I click on the download button I get a blank page.
I running XP home and have installed adobe 6.02 and it's fully upto date.
I didn't have aproblem when I ran Me, so is there someting I should know about with XP.

VoG II 18:43 28 Aug 04

Try right clicking the link and select Save As and save to your hard drive. See if Adobe Reader will open the saved file and report back. This will help to diagnose where the problem lies.

Newuser2 18:52 28 Aug 04

VoG
Did as you suggested and the file opened and printed off OK.
What do you think the problem is.

VoG II 18:57 28 Aug 04

In Adobe REader, Edit/Preferences, click on Internet in the left hand pane, make sure everything is ticked and select the correct setting for your internet connection.

In IE, Tools/Internet Options, Advanced tab make sure that "Enable third party browser extensions" is ticked.

palinka 19:03 28 Aug 04

It might just be that it's downloading VERY slowly, so nothing appears to be happening.I've experienced this sometimes with ME.

Newuser2 19:09 28 Aug 04

VoG
Have checked as you suggested, the connection in internet was wrong so I've altered that.
Checked all other settings, all seem to be OK but I still get the same problem.ie blank page.

Wak 19:17 28 Aug 04

Hi, Adobe will only work with Internet Explorer if the Adobe plug-ins have been installed in IE.
These plug-ins are installed by Adobe when Adobe is first installed.
Each time you update Internet Explorer, IE removes the adobe plug-ins, therefore, after updating IE you must re-install Adobe Reader so that it can re-install the necessary plug-ins.
You will then be able to open a PDF file while still in Internet Explorer.
Hope this helps.

VoG II 19:18 28 Aug 04

Try a search on this site for adobe. I found several including click here

Newuser2 19:41 28 Aug 04

WaK I've checked and according to Adobe I do need some plugins.
Does that mean the best way is to unistall Adobe and then reinstall as I've searched the Adobe site and can't find the plugins needed.

Newuser2 20:49 28 Aug 04

I've done a full unistalled/reinstall and so far Adobe opens in IE OK.
Thanks for all your help guys.

Wak 10:37 29 Aug 04

Glad you got it sorted.
It's a pity that Microsoft and Adobe can't get together on this problem.
Wak.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…