Adobe Flashplayer for 64bit laptops

Phil Reading 15:28 PM 22 Sep 11

Hi, My name is Phil Reading and I have recently purchased an Acer laptop running Windows 7 64 bit. I have down loaded BBC iplayer but cannot play any programmes from it as Adobe Flash player is required. The problem is Adobe cannot download Flash player to a 64bit laptop. How can I therefore use iplayer to watch video or any other programme that needs Flash player? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Regards Phil Reading

rdave13 15:34 PM 22 Sep 11

All you need to know here.

Use 32 bit IE browser (you have two versions of IE) and flash works OK. Also non-IE flash works ok on other browsers such as Firefox.

I use the Flash 11 beta for IE 64bit and works ok.

rdave13 17:46 PM 23 Sep 11

Just as an add-on, have a look in programs and features and see what version of Flash player is listed. If you see Adobe Flash Player 10 Active-X 64bit then it's the wrong version. Close IE and messenger (if you use it) and any app that uses Flash. Uninstall the version 10 64-bit.

Go here and install Release Candidate version 11 for IE 64 bit.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 release date, price, features UK: Free upgrade available July 29 with 10 years of free…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay