Adobe flash updates

Muergo 12:12 02 Jun 10

The last updates for Adobe Flash both IE and non IE are all either RC or Beta,

I don't usually download anything less than the latest fully certified programs, leaving others to do the experimentation as I am not qualified to judge.

I am still on the last (old) fully released version.
But then I am told by many sources Secunia for example, that all adobe programs, excellent though they be, are prone to hacking unless you keep them bang up to date.

Anyone any input? before I install the latest RC .

sunnystaines 13:04 02 Jun 10

I am using the RC version, but not the latest one as the latest one for unknown reason fails to load on both w7 and xp..

I have always used beta flash programs as they have been ok.

with betas they are only test programs so if you do not like them delete and put the previous one back.

kdt 14:29 02 Jun 10

i normally rely on secunia & download from the link on their site any recommended updates after checking my software.

sunnystaines 14:41 02 Jun 10

secunia has given false positives in the past for flashplayer so do not take it too serious.

Muergo 15:20 02 Jun 10

It is regrettable that fixes from Secunia are not always available.

I was going on the forum but it is doing a routine scan right now.

I don't know how you feel about Secunia, it is a troublesome site for me, I have reinstalled it several times, it made firefox crash once, andregularly requires Task Manager to get it off the screen as it freezes.

Is there a better alternative, even if it costs a few quid?

I rely more on File Hippo, but that program doesn't give a rating for how critical each update is, just that there's a new one.
I Have too many programs to f*rt around all day fixing them all. Microsoft is on auto as are some others so secunia says what is priority.

rdave13 15:28 02 Jun 10

As with Java, I let Flash update itself automatically. It might be a few weeks behind the new version but I'm not that bothered.

sunnystaines 16:24 02 Jun 10

I scrapped secunia got fed up with false results.

to keep updated i visit filehippo.com and majorgeeks.com for all my updates and readers on pca post updates of spywareblaster which these two excellent webs miss.

thats all you need in my opinion.

Muergo 02:49 03 Jun 10

Thank you all for your inputs, I have now solved the problem by uninstalling Secunia - see new thread

sunnystaines 09:17 04 Jun 10

Muergo

another beta rc flashplayer released yesterday on filehippo.com.

loaded on w7 & xp works ok no install problems like prev one.

Muergo 10:15 04 Jun 10

Thank you very sunny and hot staines, Hippo did tell me I had 13 updates and 3 betas to do.

None are critical, and going down to see ancient mum now so they can wait.

I will risk Flash, but see there is a lot of junk left over from Adobe previous versions.

I read somewhere that they have started taking away their old versions when installing new ones, they didn't used to.

I am finding Revo uninstaller a good easy program and it cleans out thoroughly but adjustable as to whether you want a quickie or vacuum in all the corners.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…