Adobe flash player problems

Scubaman 22:12 PM 23 Apr 12
Answered

I am trying to play a video from my ISP home page and keep getting the message: Your system status We're sorry You need to update your flash player. I have downloaded the update but still get the same message. I have tried uninstalling all adobe programs and restarting then reinstalling adobe programs, but alas, still get the same message. Any ideas?

northumbria61 22:37 PM 23 Apr 12

Try downloading the Uninstall for Adobe Flash to completely remove it before installing the latest version enter link description here

Scubaman 23:29 PM 23 Apr 12

Thanks for that but it didn't fix it. It is still the same.

onthelimit1 08:45 AM 24 Apr 12

Try watching on Chrome instead of IE. Chrome (I'm told) updates itself automatically.

birdface 08:48 AM 24 Apr 12

If using I/E go to View then Zoom set it to 100% reboot and see if it makes any difference.

If not leave it at 100% and try and download the latest version to your computer without running it.Use the uninstaller to remove the old version and reboot your computer to safe mode and then Install the new version that you have downloaded to your computer.

I had the same problem last year and it took me about 3 weeks to get it sorted.it may be something to do with active X.

All programs have to be closed when downloading it as there are many different programs that use Flash and it will not download properly if any of those are open.

birdface 08:56 AM 24 Apr 12

My old post from last year,maybe something in there that might help.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/helproom/396328/latest-flash-update-will-not-work/?ob=datea&pn=2

Scubaman 21:21 PM 24 Apr 12
Answer

Tried everything but still no joy with IE. Dowloaded firefox and yep, all works ok now. I will stick with firefox until I have more time to mess around. Thanks all.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites