Adobe flash player prob

Hetti 16:08 03 Dec 10

Hi all,

Having problem when I open my browser(IE 8).
Im asked to install adobe flash player every time I open my browser,and nearly every time I change pages.
I have firefox installed also, but would like to sort this problem out if possible.

mfletch 16:19 03 Dec 10

Bit more info please

1/Did you install the flash player

2/ Does it still ask when installed

QuizMan 16:26 03 Dec 10

This may arise if you are using the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer. If so, you need to run the 32 bit version. If you use Windows 7, click on the Start icon in the bottom left corner and in the "Search programs and files" box type Internet Explorer. You should see 3 options. The one you want just says "Internet Explorer"

NB - if you right click on it, you can pin it to the taskbar for future use.

Hetti 16:55 03 Dec 10

mfletch

I did install flash player ,
It still asks even after I install it again.
If I click "cancel" instead of "install" I can continue with what I was doing no problem,although the message can still appear randomly, but I want to stop the message appearing.

QuizMan

I get two Internet options when I do as you suggest, one is Internet Explorer,(which I pinned as you said) but it has not solved the problem.
the other is "Internet Explorer with add ons".
The version of IE is three digits 265 or something like that(cant remember digits exactly and cannot remember how I found the info).Stupid I know!!sorry if this info is not very clear.

mfletch 18:22 03 Dec 10

To determine the version of Internet Explorer that you are running, click About Internet Explorer on the Help menu of Internet Explorer. If you are running the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer, the About Internet Explorer window includes a 64-bit descriptor label. The 32-bit version of Internet Explorer does not show a bit-level descriptor.

rdave13 18:36 03 Dec 10

Check the addons in IE8. Tools, manage addons, under 'show' select 'all addons'.
Make sure Shockwave Flash Object is enabled and Shockwave ActiveX Control is also enabled.

Hetti 19:43 03 Dec 10

Thanks all

It is 32bit and Shockwave is enabled, however there is no mention of ActiveX Control in addons.

I have now downloaded IE9 beta to see if that would help, it is not happening now but I don't know if that was the right thing to do.

rdave13 19:55 03 Dec 10

Won't do any harm. Your ActiveX for flash hasn't been allowed or not installed.
See how it goes with the beta, although, the default usually translates to the update.

QuizMan 20:08 03 Dec 10

"The version of IE is three digits 265..." That's "256-bit" which means you are using the 32-bit version. confusing, huh? Please do not ask me to explain, because I couldn't!

Hetti 20:13 03 Dec 10

OK Guys thanks,

Ill see how I go with IE9,

Quiz Man,

I wont ask you to explain, cos I wont understand the explanation lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017