adobe flash player 9

suzie005 20:45 05 Mar 08

went to do an online survey earlier but it asked for the updated version ( was on 7)of the player.it wouldn't download and i got an error message telling me there wasn't enough disk space.this was in IE and i got a similar message in FF.i went into add/remove and got rid of the plugin and also strangely enough flash player 9 active X.it still wouldn't install and i'm at a lost what i can do.OS is ME.it's driving me nuts

suzie005 20:51 05 Mar 08

dunno if it's linked but i've just gone to use acrobat and it's just hanging.gonna have to restart cos FF is frozen.i got the message 'runtime error.abnormal program termination'

Acx 21:13 05 Mar 08

This happened to me. I think the only solution was to uninstall previous versions and start again
click here

click here

suzie005 22:04 05 Mar 08

righty ho i'll give that a go tomorrow and hopefully it WILL work.thanks

suzie005 09:42 06 Mar 08

went to the page and it said macromedia player ( thought it would say flash) so i d/l it and it did it ok.just gone to do my survey that i couldn't do yesterday and it's telling me i need flash 9 plugin and i haven't a clue cos i didn't know i'd have to get owt else

suzie005 17:19 06 Mar 08

anybody?

brundle 17:23 06 Mar 08

Did you use the uninstaller amongst the instructions linked to by Acx? Use that even if you have removed previous versions with Add/Remove Programs. click here

Download stand-alone versions to re-install here - click here - non IE version is for Firefox, the IE version is responsible for the ActiveX entry you saw in the add/remove list.
Reboot after using the removal tool and make sure all browsers are closed before installing.

suzie005 17:29 06 Mar 08

yea used the installer and then i ran regseeker to get rid of any rubbish that might have been left.then this morning i reinstalled from the adobe site ( i hadn't got round to checking out a player for firefox so thanks).i rebooted and went to do the survey that i couldn't do yesterday and still got an error message.dunno what i can do now cos i've done what you suggest

brundle 17:31 06 Mar 08

Does the Flashplayer test here work? click here

suzie005 17:41 06 Mar 08

well i restarted again and ran that test but i got error messages from the MS error reporting and IEXPLORE in KERNEL.DLL and SWDIR.DLL.

suzie005 17:45 06 Mar 08

yes the test did work

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…