adobe flash player

Chas49 16:33 25 Jul 10

I'm trying to install this player - with no success. I get the adobe download page for this but it fails to download. I've tried several times but it's a no go - anyone had the same problem and mo the reason for the failure?

VoG II 16:35 25 Jul 10

Try removing any earlier versions first click here

Chas49 16:47 25 Jul 10

Thanks for the very quick reply VOG. I had already uninstalled the Adobe Flash Player and since your reply I have restarted the computer and trued again - still no joy. I get the page thanking me for downloading the player but it doesn't actually do that.

JBRKilluh 16:51 25 Jul 10

download from an alternate link. just click here for one

Chas49 17:05 25 Jul 10

My thanks to both VOG and JBRKilluh. I discovered that Adobe do a proper uninstall prorgam to remove the Flash Player completely - I downloaded this and ran it and this is exactly what it did. It appears that just uninstalling it by means of the Win7 uninstaller does not do a complete job! The file has now loaded. Adobe appears to be very sensitive - rather like Norton!

Thanks again for your speedy replies - much appreciated.

Sea Urchin 17:07 25 Jul 10

I don't suppose you are expecting to actually see a downloaded player such as Real or Windows Media Player are you? Flash Player enables parts of web sites to display correctly, but it doesn't appear as tangible software.

Are you sure you haven't downloaded it successfully? Run this link and it should tell you if it is downloaded OK.

click here

Chas49 17:23 25 Jul 10

I did indeed get the wrong file 8-(

Ran your link and found that I could get the correct file (a plug in for Firefox). Downloaded this and am now, at last, able to run YouTube videos.

Many thanks Sea Urchin, VOG and JBRKilluh

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…