Adobe Digital Editions

peter99co 21:11 19 Jan 09

I have installed this on a Laptop and it seems to uninstall soon after. Is it a temporary program?

When it is installed on the machine to be used it is fine but if I close down and try later on it has gone.
What am I doing wrong?

I have tried on XP SP3 and Vista and although it appears in the add/remove list it is not actually there. Am I missing something?

Graphicool1 12:14 20 Jan 09

Did you download the program, then install it. Or did you install it directly from the net?
Here is a link for direct install. Your copy might be corrupt.
click here

peter99co 18:46 20 Jan 09

It was installed from a disc provided with a Sony Ereader and this is not isolated to one machine.

The disc sends us to what appears to be the same site.

After install the software worked ok but the next day the Desktop shortcut would not work and the start menu shortcut also failed. A visit to add/remove said the program had probably uninstalled as well.

I will try again on my Vista. Our initial problem on XP sp3 was that the Ereader will not sync with Laptop or PC. To fail to connect with 2 machines suggested a Ereader error but it works on Vista without a problem.

The loss of Adobe DE was a complete suprise on the Working Vista set-up and is still a mystery.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos