Adobe contribute - easy to set up and use?

TW7heaven 13:48 25 Feb 09

Hi - I did a site for somebody who now 6 months later wants to edit it himself. (I did ask this question when designing it and he said no need!!) I digress, the site is css and xhtml and done in CS3 so couple of questions:
Would contribute be the best option for him to update text?
Are there cheaper browser based editing systems?
Has anyone ever set contibute up for clients - what is involved?
Any help appreciated.

Kemistri 22:32 25 Feb 09

Use ModX or Drupal.

TW7heaven 10:00 26 Feb 09

I don't want to have to put all the site into a content management structure. I just want a browser based edit for pages, anything else out there on the www

Kemistri 14:29 26 Feb 09

You don't have to put all the site in the CMS.

TW7heaven 11:46 27 Feb 09

Are you able to give me more info. The site is designed in dreamweaver so if i gave the owner Drupal how exactly will he be able to edit the content? is it free? i looked at the site but wasn't easy to find info about editing a pre existing site? anyone have experience of drupal and used it to update sites?
Thanks

Kemistri 13:38 27 Feb 09

I use both, though I prefer ModX. However, I'm too busy to provide more than a brief post, so you will have to read the manuals. They are free and they are easy to use, which was the point of suggesting them.

HighTower 17:34 27 Feb 09

I haven't used Contribute in a while but if all your customer wants to do is edit a static site then it's probably perfectly adequate. If you made the site in Dreamweaver then setting it up will be a breeze. I seem to recall that you just activate it in your site definitions and then provide your customer with a 'key' which has all the settings in.

Why not download the trial and try it out? It's around £100 to buy mind!

click here

TW7heaven 13:22 02 Mar 09

Kemistri and Hightower thanks for your replies. i had a good look at Modx and agree it looks very powerful sysstemand may use that in future.
I think I will go down the contribute route to start off with.
Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5