Adobe camera Raw (ACR)

Dave was 7312 15:36 26 Oct 06

From previous vists to this forum I learned that ACR was part of Photoshop CS
I have CS on my computer but have no idea how to access it
Any ideas?

AndySD 15:43 26 Oct 06

You may need to update it. click here

Dave was 7312 17:11 26 Oct 06

Thank you Andy but the Adobe website to which you directed me states that the update is only for CS2. My version of Photoshop is CS so no luck there I'm afraid

hssutton 18:16 26 Oct 06

Well you can only access it if you have raw files to process. If you have Raw files in a folder or on disk just go to open in CS and select that folder/drive.

Updates can be downloaded from the following link. I think 2.2 is the latest version for CS. click here

hssutton 18:18 26 Oct 06

Well you can only access it if you have raw files to process. If you have Raw files in a folder or on disk just go to open in CS and select that folder/drive.

Updates can be downloaded from the following link. I think 2.2 is the latest version for CS. click here

hssutton 18:56 26 Oct 06

AndySD 07:17 27 Oct 06

Dave

Scroll down the page the CS and older version updates are there.

Dave was 7312 09:53 27 Oct 06

Thank you Andy and HSSutton
I will have another look on the webssite as you suggest.
The Raw files I am trying to incorporate with ACR are Nikon Nef files. Do you know wether ADR will recognise these? Or must I use the dedicated Nikon program?

hssutton 10:19 27 Oct 06

As a Canon user I cannot be 100% re. Nef files. Nef files are not true raw files and some raw convertors cannot handle them. However I'm pretty sure you can convert to DNG and work that way.

Rawshooter (freeware) click here will open Nef files and will export directly to Photoshop and again in my opinion is better than ACR.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…