Adobe Air error message

twitcher 20:00 17 Feb 11

A neighbour of mine has asked me for help but I am baffled. He has a Sony Vaio VGC-JS1E all-in-one PC running Vista. When he starts the PC from shutdown he gets an error message "Adobe Air - This installation of this application is damaged. Try re-installing or contacting the publisher for assistance"

I've tried uninstalling Adobe Air but when I do so I get the message "Please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling or being changed".

I've tried uninstalling other programs but get the same message. I've tried system restore but this freezes. I've tried reinstalling Adobe Air but I still get the same error messages.

Has anybody any suggestions other than a complete restore of Windows?

chub_tor 20:17 17 Feb 11

Try Revo click here

VoG II 20:18 17 Feb 11

Try the free version of Revo Uninstaller click here

twitcher 22:26 17 Feb 11

Thanks I'll give it a try tomorrow when I see him. I'll let you know how it goes

twitcher 10:33 23 Feb 11

Managed to see him yesterday. Tried Revo but it just couldn't uninstall the program. Tried deleting the entry in Program Files (with a view to cleaning up the registry later) but it wouldn't let me. Any other ideas please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…