Adobe Acrobat on desktop

pixiedixie 14:50 06 Apr 03

I have Adobe Acrobat reader 4.0/5.0/5.1 on my desktop. Can I get rid of earlier version i.e 4/5.0 or put them altogether by dragging on top of 5.1?

Longnose 15:09 06 Apr 03

You can uninstall the older versions by using the uninstall option provided.

Just be carefull not to delete the shared files (you should get a prompt - select NO TO ALL).

First browse the installed files c:\Program Files\Adobe...Read the "Readme" file for further information.

DieSse 15:15 06 Apr 03

Th safest plan is to uninstall them all, then re-install the latest.

You also don't need shortcuts to them on your desktop - this is a program that will start whenever it's required (to read a pdf file) - you will probably never need to actually start the program itself, and if you ever did, it'll be in the program lists.

-pops- 15:22 06 Apr 03

DieSse's method is the way to go. Take the lot out and re-install the new one. I had loads of trouble in the past having two versions, taking the old one out and being left with none at all, none that worked anyway.

Brian

Djohn 15:31 06 Apr 03

I agree with all above, and as said, no need to leave on desktop, either as shortcut, or program.

I often download PDF documents and Acrobat reader, fires up automaticly. J.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…