Adobe Acrobat Annoyance

VoG II 22:00 10 Dec 05

I have Adobe Acrobat version 5.0.5 (N.B. not the Adobe Reader, but Adobe Acrobat).

Whenever I open certain documents I get this message click here which keeps coming back no matter how many times I tick 'Do not show this message again'.

Does anybody know how to turn it off?

gudgulf 22:21 10 Dec 05

Maybe Adobes interpretation of "Do not show this message again" is "Do not show this message again with this particular file"

You appear to have the Adobe equivalent of a Windows Messenger Service pop up!

I don't know of a cure for this.....other than update to Acrobat 7.0

VoG II 22:26 10 Dec 05

Thanks. I should have said that it happens over and over with the same, unchanged, files. Also this is on a company laptop - we are using Office 2000 (and Access 97!) and various other 'out of date' software. I doubt that this annoyance would qualify me for an upgrade :o(

Kev.Ifty 22:29 10 Dec 05

A shot in the dark perhaps..

How does Adobe know there is a newer version?

A. Because it's allowed to connect to the internet to check.

Try 'firewalling' it! :-)

? Kev

sidecar sid 22:36 10 Dec 05
  VoG II 23:04 10 Dec 05

Kev.Ifty - possible but I want it to be able to check for updates for my version.

sidecar sid - that seems to apply to version 6 and documents that you have created yourself. My problem is with documents created by others in versions later than 5.0.5.

Thanks anyway.

Number 7 23:30 10 Dec 05

Think you're stuck with it VoG™ unless you can convince the senders to make the version they send compatible with version 5.

click here

Kev.Ifty 23:37 10 Dec 05

I feel i am missing something, but....
Why not upgrade?

VoG II 23:40 10 Dec 05

Number 7 - looks like it :o(

Kev.Ifty - it is not up to me, it is a company PC (vide infra).

Kev.Ifty 00:10 11 Dec 05

'Supra' Maybe ;-)

This Company. Do they not know who you are ??

Tell! them to upgrade... :-)

As an aside. I wonder if you are at a disadvantage when asking for help. Us lesser mortals associate VoG™ with giving help...

Perhaps you need a pseudonym.

Bestwishes Kev.

cycoze 00:17 11 Dec 05

Try looking under edit for a "preferences" tab, you should be able to block the message or have it check once a week/month etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…