adobe acrobat 8 download problems

scottish lady 18:12 27 Feb 07

new pc, new download of aa8, can open existing pdf files on pc, can open pdf attachment to e-mails - but it won't open a pdf link in an e-mail message and it won't download a pdf downlaod link in a website. Comes up with two error messages, first one is basically saying - adobe is open, please close and try again, - it then tries to dowload, and comes up with the 2nd error message basically saying I may not have access to that site.

Strange one this one - I removed the programme and rebooted and re-installed aa8 but the problem persists.

Help please

Scottish lady

Technotiger 18:22 27 Feb 07

click here

Hi, I would try installing it again from this site ...

Batch 18:26 27 Feb 07

Possibly a firewall issue. Opening links in emails / web pages will mean that Acrobat is trying to access Internet.

skidzy 18:26 27 Feb 07

OR:

Uninstall again and then run ccleaner click here
and reboot , then try from here click here

skidzy 18:27 27 Feb 07

Or better still and lighter on the system,try Foxit click here

Legolas 18:27 27 Feb 07

Why not use foxit It is quicker than AA click here I tried it a while ago and found it better than aa

Legolas 18:28 27 Feb 07

Snaparooni skidzy

scottish lady 10:10 01 Mar 07

Found the answer - to help others am posting here - Open AA8, go to pull down menu - 'edit' - then 'preferences'- and untick 'display pdf in browser' - job done! - it seems as if the problem was caused by aa believing it was already open !

Hope this helps other people

Cheer

Scottish lady

Technotiger 10:17 01 Mar 07

Grrreat, thanks for the feedback.

Batch 12:44 01 Mar 07

Interesting.

In an earlier version (5 or 6 - not sure which now, but probably 5) I switched off display in browser as Acrord32.exe would hang under certain circumstances. Switching off display in browser overcame this.

However, I've found that with version 7 (haven't switched to version 8 yet) in conjuction with IE7, NOT displaying in browser causes an IE7 Window to be created and then orphaned (i.e. just left there).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009