Adobe 9.0 download.

thumbscrew 22:28 03 Jul 08

So, I checked my UDC and discovered there was an Adobe update to 9.0. Clicked download and, guess what...not at home...all sorts of the usual computer gobbledygook, culminating a failure message. Can aqnyone help...God I'm weary about all these problems.

Pesala 23:00 03 Jul 08

Just sleep on it. The update will still be available later. You don't really need it. Adobe Reader 7 is better IMO. I never even tried version 8. Now I use PDF-XChange instead.

thumbscrew 23:13 03 Jul 08

Know something Pesala...I think that's the greatest response to a problem I've ever received, concerning these frustraters called computers. "Just sleep on it and tomorrow it'll all be ok" I'm off to sleep amigo and hopefully I'll dream about rolling a king-size cuban cigar on Claudia Schiffer's bronzed thigh. Oh yes..goodnight amigo. Andy.

thumbscrew 21:58 04 Jul 08

Thanks Marg7 but I can't download the flipping thing!!

thumbscrew 23:43 04 Jul 08

Re my inability to upgrade to Adobe 9.0, I seem to have version 7.0 installed, even though my add/remove programs states version 6.0?? I've tried removing all traces of Adobe to install version 9.0 but I get "Error 1714- The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable" Also, incredibly...."The older version of 9.0 cannot be removed" This, of course is despite the fact I have not and can not install 9.0. ????

desi3026 08:30 05 Jul 08

I,ve given up with Adobe and downloaded and installed Foxit Reader.I,ve been hesitating for months over this,but so far so good,it seems to be doing everything the blurb says,and it frees a lot of space on computer as well
Regards

johndrew 09:46 05 Jul 08

In common with others, I became tired of problems with Adobe Reader 8 which insisted on wanting to connect to the internet each time I opened it and hogging the CPU to achieve this.

I found the simple answer - dump it in favour of PDF Viewer click here, it`s free, fast and does everything Adobe does but with less hassle.

I`m certain there are many other similar viewers (such as Foxit above) which are equal to but less problem than Adobe.

Pesala 10:45 05 Jul 08

Thumbscrew,

If you're still having trouble removing Adobe Reader 9, try a system restore to a date before you installed it. That is often the quickest way to sort out a mess caused by installing new programs.

thumbscrew 11:10 05 Jul 08

Thanks all, off to work now, Pesala I'll system restore tonight.

eedcam 11:22 05 Jul 08

PDF viewer Not sure you cant seem to read docs without downloading and saving

johndrew 11:48 05 Jul 08

I use Firefox as my browser and have PDF Download as one of the Add-ons click here. There are others but I find this suits me and allows manipulation/viewing of PDFs within Firefox to suit my needs with the option of downloading if I want to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…