adobe .8 install error message.

pasta bake 21:32 14 Jan 07

Hello everyone!
I had adobe 7 preinstalled when i got my comp year ago.At times til now i've tried to download updates with same error msg.Given the latest adobe scare and asking everyone to download new version 8 as a complete security measure,i've tried to download V.8 with same error msg again.
The msg reads:error 1316.a network error occured while attempting to read from file C:\WINDOWS\Installer\AdobeReader 7.0 msi.
Anyone know what this is please??

brundle 21:35 14 Jan 07

Uninstall 7 first.

brundle 21:43 14 Jan 07

If you get the same error message when trying to remove 7, download 7 too, install, remove, install 8.

brundle 21:43 14 Jan 07
  pasta bake 21:48 14 Jan 07

Cheers.I'll do that now and let you know.

pasta bake 22:32 14 Jan 07

What a pain in the arse this is.It wont allow me to uninstall V 7 stating i need to find where the installation package is but the search came up with nothing.So i'm puzzled and i'm just a rookie.

brundle 22:39 14 Jan 07

Get 7zip (click here), drag and drop the installer for acrobat 7 into the 7zip window, extract to a folder and point the requester to that folder, or just run the .msi file from 7zip

brundle 22:45 14 Jan 07

Sorry, 7zip wont do it...UniExtractor instead;
click here

brundle 22:51 14 Jan 07

Scratch that too. Allow 7 to go through the install process, at the requester, locate the folder c:\Documents and Settings\[your account name]\Local Settings\Temp\25330b4.msi

The .msi name may be different but that is the acrobat 7 installer.

pasta bake 20:17 19 Jan 07

Brundle!!! tried yir suggestion but got a little lost and i'm just a novice but willing to sit at comp to find my way round.Anyway i became aware of windows installer clean up utilty,which did not have installed bizarrely enough.Read what it did and gave it a wurl and justlike that adobe 7 gone and new ver8 loaded with no probs.many thanks fir yir help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now