Adobe

blazingbadger 09:22 12 Nov 09

Can anyone tell me the difference between Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Elements (apart from the price lol)

zoobie 10:26 12 Nov 09

Photoshop is for stills and Elements is for video

Tony W. 11:04 12 Nov 09

There is quite a differnece between the two programes.

Elements is limited in its ability to carry out certain tasks and will only work with 8 bit files I have both and for the price you pay Elements is certainly worth it.

The problem is the more advanced you become you more you wish you had bought the full version of Photoshop instead.

I do not quite understand the reply from Zoobie.

QuizMan 11:05 12 Nov 09

Sorry, but really true.

They both primarily aimed at photo editing and enhancement. But Photoshop goes so much further having many more bells and whistle. I am not sure how much you understand of the terminology, but some of the features in Photoshop that you will not find in Elements are the pen tool, curves adjustment, channel mixing and CYMK support.

The choice (apart from budget) comes down to how much photo manipulation you need to do. Standard stuff like cropping, colour adjustment and perspective is handled by Elements. I use Elements and it is fine for my needs. It is also good at erasing minor blemishes. However, if you intend to get involved professionally or as a major hobby the full version is the way to go.

QuizMan 11:06 12 Nov 09

Should start ..sorry but not really true

tonyq 11:12 12 Nov 09

Adobe Elements is a cut down version of Adobe Photoshop.

Basically
Adobe Elements is for use by the average photographer.

Adobe Photoshop is mainly for the pros/keen amateurs.

hastelloy 11:12 12 Nov 09

is confusing Photoshop Elements with Premiere Elements - the latter being for video editing.

Tony W. 11:28 12 Nov 09

Forgot to mention this in my previous post although you are probably already aware that you can get a free trial version of both programs from the Adobe website.

And you will find that 30 days it quite sufficient time for you to make up your mind.

blazingbadger 17:02 12 Nov 09

one thing My Local curry's has the Elements on sale at £69 99 and if i bought it would I have to uninstall the trial or would it this one install with out the removal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…