adminstrator password XP ?

bobatnorthway 16:23 08 Jun 06

My xp windows fails to boot, I have tried to repair system using the XP Disc but it asks for administrator password, when I installed the system I am sure I didnt enter a password, any clues to what i should do please

VoG II 16:24 08 Jun 06

Just leave the password blank and press Enter.

BurrWalnut 16:24 08 Jun 06

Don't key in a password, just press enter.

sebtiger 16:25 08 Jun 06

that does not work, the same happened to me today, I still don't know what to do.

rickd 16:32 08 Jun 06

I had the same problem and thought I'd just forgotten it - turned out I'd never input one (I ran some software to check), but under certain circumstances windows inserts a temporary one for you. Search this forum for "administrator password?" posted by me about a month back and you'll find some useful ideas. Not sure if it will help though. Sorry!

bobatnorthway 16:33 08 Jun 06

No, all I get is C:\windows, what should follow please ?

B1nary 16:48 08 Jun 06

Hi bobatnorthway...

I have an Idea for you, but since its a deemed vunerabilty in windows I wont/cannot post here!!.. can I mail you!

bobatnorthway 16:58 08 Jun 06

Yes Binary, please do, any help would be appreciated

jimv7 17:18 08 Jun 06

When you get to C:\windows, type in help, this will give you a list of commands, choose which is relative for you and type it in and press enter.

Failing that, instead of pressing 'R' for repair, carry on as in a new installation including f8 to accept T&C then try the repair option instead of a clean install.

Marsh Warden © ™ 17:23 08 Jun 06

Some suggestions click here

jimv7 18:10 08 Jun 06

bobatnorthway emailed this....

have looked at the help menu, but this does not assist me, what command do I choose to repair system ?

That depends on the error message you get when windows tries to start.

fixboot, repair mbr, check disk all good tools.

as I said earlier you can always try....

instead of pressing 'R' for repair, carry on as in a new installation including f8 to accept T&C then try the repair option instead of a clean install.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…