administrators rights

graemet28 20:47 14 Nov 06

OOPS I cocked up and removed all admin rights on the kids computer does anybody know how toget them back when there is no administrator account we have windows xp HELP

VoG II 20:49 14 Nov 06

There is an Administrator account but it is hidden in XP Home Edition. To access it you will need to boot into Safe Mode click here

anskyber 20:51 14 Nov 06
  birdface 21:03 14 Nov 06

If you have an account on it you could change your Account to that of an administrator. Start, Control Panel,User accounts, Click your account, Change my account type, Dot the Circle Computer administrator.Ok ,Or Apply cant quite remember,Anyhow if you read it as you go along,You may have to go into kids account, To sign in as administrator, While you are in there it will ask if you want to have Password etc,Sometimes pays to say no to that, As sometime you forget the password, and cant get back in.

birdface 21:16 14 Nov 06

Hi,That is the way i would have done it, But i am only a bit of a learner myself,So would listen to anskyber and vog, They know what they are talking about, Obviously a bit more serious than I thought,Best of luck.

graemet28 22:45 14 Nov 06

VoG i tried that and it says i need admin rights to access that

birdface 06:15 15 Nov 06

Hi,The way i see it as long as you have two accounts ,You can have one of them with administration rights,The only problem is, I dont know if you can still do it, If you have lost the main administrator,

graemet28 19:19 15 Nov 06

thankyou all for help but none of your soloutiuons worked every time we try anything thr computer wont let us without admin rights even logging on to net is disabled

Zaphod 3 19:27 15 Nov 06

When you access safe mode, you may not need a password to use the administrator account, but youwill need to double click the administrator button, just hit enter if the pc asks for a password.

Zaphod 3 19:29 15 Nov 06

Just to add to that you may need to restart the pc and whilst it is booting up keep on pressing F8, whilst you have a black and white display.

birdface 19:36 15 Nov 06

Just wondering if you can get into safe mode, Whether Last good configuration or System restore would fix it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009