Administrators Priviliges

Glyn-252301 17:14 12 May 05

When I installed XP Pro I neglected giving password for Admin. so now am unable to have those priviliges. My question is how can I fix this problem without starting from scratch, ugh.

Regards to all G.

SANTOS7 17:27 12 May 05

click here
this may help...

Glyn-252301 17:48 12 May 05

Thanks for that info SANTOS7, unfortunately the console root will not expand,probably because I did not set up an administrators account in the first place. Regards G.

Eric10 18:03 12 May 05

Since it's XP Pro you can press CTL+ALT+DEL twice while at the login screen and you will get the classic login box. Enter Administrator in the User name box but leave the password field blank since you didn't set one. That should log you in as Administrator where you will be able to make any changes. If you are the only user, so don't normally get the login screen, just choose Log Off from the Start button and it will take you there. Having said all this, if you are the only user then you would normally have administrator rights anyway. Go to User Accounts in Control Panel and users are listed along with the type of account under their name.

Glyn-252301 14:38 13 May 05

Thanks for responding Eric10 will try straight away. Regards G.

BEN MARSHALL 15:33 13 May 05

What Eric surgested will noly work in safe mode this account remains hidden otherwise

at imidate boot of pc hold F8 key and wait for a B/W doss screen tell the pc to boot in VGA OR DOSS mode and wait at your login you willc see and extra account called ADMINISTRATOR click it and you can logon as an administrator from there crate your own account with administratoion settings and restart your pc you may be asked on another B/W screen how to boot say "Boot windows Normaly!"

And your sorted Good Luck .BEN.

Eric10 16:00 13 May 05

What you say is true for XP Home but it does work as I said for XP Pro which is what we are dealing with here.

Glyn-252301 19:36 13 May 05

I,m sure that your combined info will sort things out. Will post and disclose how I get on in case others have the same problem.

Warm regards G.

Glyn-252301 21:27 13 May 05

I booted into safemode and then logged off and had the choice of Mine or Admin. Logged on as Admin. and opened control panel/User accounts then made the alterations I wanted.

Thanks to all who helped. Regards G.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…