THOMASIO 15:22 28 Jun 04

Occasionally when I try to save a photo I am advised I cannot do so as I am not the administrator. I am the only person to use the computer, there are no other user names. Help appreciated. Thank you.

ZEROTOLERANCE 15:41 28 Jun 04

what OS

ZEROTOLERANCE 15:44 28 Jun 04

if its xp start>control panel>user accounts, you can then change accounts, create new accounts, and change the way users log on and off,
there you can change your account to administrators account

THOMASIO 16:13 28 Jun 04

Thnks guys. I am using XP and my account is the administrator account.

ZEROTOLERANCE 16:30 28 Jun 04

sorry thats baffled me then, im afraid youll have to wait for someone with more knowledge than me, sorry cant help

spikeychris 17:23 28 Jun 04

What is difficult to work out is you say "occasionally", is there a common theme? are the images all of the same extension? are you saving them to CD? Is it to another drive or partition?

If all the above does not help are you on a network? if not disable "simple file sharing", if you don't you will not be able to take ownership of the file.

To disable simple file sharing double click My Computer.
On the Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then click the View tab.
In the Advanced Settings section, clear the Use simple file sharing (Recommended) check box.
Click OK.

Once you have done that you will be able to take ownership of the file, this will allow you to work with it....

Right-click the file that you want to take ownership of, and then click Properties.
Click the Security tab, and then click OK on the Security message (if one appears).
Click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.
In the Name list, click Administrator, or click the Administrators group, and then click OK.

The administrator or the Administrators group now owns the file.

There are options here to change permissions that will prevent others handling the file but unless there are other users I wouldn't bother.

THOMASIO 15:48 29 Jun 04

Thanks SPIKEYCHRIS problem solved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…