administrator privileges -Vista

cchelp 11:27 23 Jan 08

I have purchased a new dell dimension 9200 with vista home premium installed -I wish to download norton Int. Security which I purchased via my ISP provider ( tiscali)who have supplied me an activation code - when clicking on download i receive a permissions error -"required to be logged in with administrator privileges to run this software" - I am the sole operator of the system and also the administrator - how can I download the software / override this error. Thanks.

harps1h 13:13 23 Jan 08

to check your user account status click on comtrol panel/user accounts and family safety/user accounts/change account type. there will two options standard and administrator. if not already click on administrator button. also at the user accounts stage there is the option t turn of the annoying user account control. take the opportunity to do so.

rawprawn 16:32 23 Jan 08
  anskyber 17:39 23 Jan 08

If you do decide to disable UAC be sure you are happy to do so first rather than doing so on the basis of a single opinion without any reason or consideration of the consequences. click here

If you are happy after that then fine. Incidentally many programs can be run by right clicking them ad choosing run as administrator.

anskyber 17:41 23 Jan 08

A second and fuller explanation of UAC. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…