administrator password how to rest

bigboab y 12:02 19 Sep 06

Bought a Latitude cp on Ebay..loaded up windows XP PRO... now its asking for an administrator password which I dont know..neither does the seller.. I have trawled thro all the postings on here and tried some .. but to no avail ...even tried starting in safe mode but ITS asking for the password too ... grrrr.. tearing what hair I've got left.. any advice would be MUCH appreciated.

bigboab y 12:02 19 Sep 06

title should read reset

Taff™ 12:33 19 Sep 06

You mean you did a fresh install of XP Pro?

patsyanne 12:46 19 Sep 06

click here see if this helps. My computer is now asking for a password as well but i leave it blank and its ok .

bigboab y 12:49 19 Sep 06

Yes a fresh install... not as simple as that patsy..dont know a lot about lappies but in a desktop i could remove the bios battery to reset it..is there a similar thing in a laptop..its got to that stage..driving me nuts

patsyanne 13:22 19 Sep 06

Did you read what Fruit Bat /\0/\ and Diversion said to do right down the bottom ? wont that work ?

bigboab y 13:26 19 Sep 06

right down the bottom of where Patsyanne?

bigboab y 13:29 19 Sep 06

Sorry patsyanne ... see what you mean.. trouble is I cant even get into safe mode without this flippin' password

patsyanne 13:36 19 Sep 06

If it helps i have a windows xp pro disc i can post to you, dont know if it helps you though.

rodriguez 13:40 19 Sep 06

click here and enter the 3 digit security code in the box near the top and press the download button. It's a boot CD I made especially for this purpose. When the CD boots press 1, then select the drive Windows is installed on. It will then search the SAM database and show a list of usernames on your computer. Select the username with the password that you want to reset (which in your case will be Administrator) and make sure there's a X in the reset box. Then press Y to save and Esc to exit. Restart the computer and the Windows password should be gone.

bigboab y 13:43 19 Sep 06

Thanks for the offer Pats.. but Ive got the disc ..Ive tried all the ideas on here.. Can anybody tell me how to reset the bios??..seems to me that this password is way down deep on the motherboard... just need to dig it out

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…