administrator password forgotten

terendak_uk 14:00 20 May 04

Got a user who's just changed his administrator password in Win2000.....and he's promptly forgotten it. Is there a way to reset it/create a new one? I know he'd be extremely grateful.

MichelleC 14:07 20 May 04

If this tool doesn't do it there's a long way round click here

mezzanine 14:13 20 May 04

do a search on google for erd commander, works for xp and i've heard it also works for 2k.

terendak_uk 15:17 20 May 04

am checking these out now

terendak_uk 22:40 20 May 04

passed on info.thanks.
But...I am very surprised that Windows itself doesn't have a solution.....every action must have a reaction????

hospeng 22:29 22 Jun 04

I have a problem with Xp admin password.
I've inadvertentl deleted a registry file and the easiest way to restore is with the Xp CD I have but when I get to the bit where you have a choice of re-install or repair I choose repair but then it asks for the Admin password. I never enered on in, as far as I know, and if I had it would have one of very few words that I use. Without this I can't proceed without re-installing and losing some new files and pictures not backed up to CD yet.
Can anyone out there help?
Would be eternally grateful,
Martin

PSF 22:52 22 Jun 04

It is best to start a separate thread and so it will be noticed.

With the Administrator password just press enter if you have not put one in and that will get you in.

terendak_uk 21:51 24 Dec 04

and am absolved.........they reformatted without telling me. Still, mea culpa ;-)))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…