administrator password

prince ua 16:23 24 Mar 05

please can anyone tell me a way to find the administrators password on a windows xp home computer.

i don't want to use safe mode put want to know the actual password.

And i have access to alimited account.

Thanks in advance.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:04 24 Mar 05

Forbidden territory

Some behaviour is unacceptable in our forum, and we will insist on the following rules being observed at all times.

• 'Cracks' or copyright infringement - we do not permit the posting of information that will enable other people to use pirated software or to evade the copyright laws. Please do not post serial numbers or CD keys, or links to sites that contain illegal file-sharing software or links to other sites that offer such information. Do not ask other forum members to provide you with help or information that will enable you to illegally obtain copyright-protected material.

Ask the administrator /owner to log in and chane your account to administrator.

Can you please explain why you need to know the password before we offer further advice.

ventanas 17:10 24 Mar 05

Fruit Bat /\0/\ is correct in what he says. If you have a limited account you must ask the administrator to make any changes.

sloan_5 17:14 24 Mar 05

if you have a bona fide login on the machine yourself, you might try this.

go to the Control Panel, go to User Accounts, and see if there's a button near the bottom of the box to Reset the Administrator password.

I've used the procedure with my machine and it works, although I'm using Windows XP Pro.

cheers

Sloan

prince ua 17:18 24 Mar 05

i am the administrator of my computer and i can get into my sister account because she doesn't have a password but i have and i have forgot if. i asked i friend and he saind boot up in safe mode and you can get in but that doesn't work. so i thought if one person in this forum knew.
But i understand what you are talking about so i will ask someone else.

Thanks any way.

sloan_5 17:21 24 Mar 05

see my suggestion prince.

I had been desperate to get into an account with administrator rights on my computer, and I never realized making the password adjustment was so easy.

but I don't know if you can do it on XP Home

prince ua 17:24 24 Mar 05

sloan_5

prince ua 17:25 24 Mar 05

sloan_5

i can't see Reset the Administrator password.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:26 24 Mar 05

Windows2k/XP
Try this:

1- boot to the windows xp/2000 CD , 2- press enter to start setup , 3- press F8 for the license agreement , 4- when you get the option to repair the current installation press R to do so , 5- let it run through and for windows XP wait until it reboots and is installing, devices then press shift F10 to open a command prompt. For windows 2000 wait until it is registering components then press shift F10 to open a command prompt. , 6- In windows XP either type in "nusrmgr.cpl" w/o quotation marks at the command prompt and press enter. For windows 2000 type in "control.exe" w/o quotation marks and press enter. This should open up the user accounts applet in XP and the regular control panel in 2000. , 7- select the users and change or remove their passwords accordingly, apply settings and close the control panel windows and command prompt windows so that just setup is running again. , 8- let the inplace upgrade finish

The user should now be able to log in when it finishes and not have to reinstall the programs like in a parallel install.

prince ua 17:29 24 Mar 05

Fruit Bat /\0/
will this delete my file because i don't want to do this

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:07 24 Mar 05

Not documents maybe e mails to be sure check REpair XP
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…