Administrator Help Needed

jrocnomesayin 11:25 05 Feb 11

Basically I've been given a laptop with Windows XP SP2 installed onto it and I want to change the administrator details and password so that they are my owm.
cheers

GaT7 11:58 05 Feb 11

Login as the old administrator.

Create a new account, choosing 'Computer administrator' in the wizard.

Now log-off & login with your new account details.

You should now be able to delete the old admin account from your new account. G

birdface 12:59 05 Feb 11

If you change the administration and delete the old one you will loose some programs that were on the original user account.
If you want to keep both accounts once you have made yourself administrator you can the take the administration rights from the other user.
That way you would have 2 user accounts on your computer but only yours as administrator.
If you don't want the other account just delete it.

I am sure that's how it is done but a while since I did it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:49 05 Feb 11

Change owner click here

Change Name and Company Information After You Install Win XP

Start/Run/Regedit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion in the left pane.

Then In the right pane, double-click RegisteredOrganization. Under "Value data", type the name that you want, and then click OK.

To change the name of the registered owner, In the right pane, double-click RegisteredOwner. Under "Value data", type the name that you want, and then click OK/Exit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…