Administrator has restricted this computer to access USB/1394 mass storage devices

eyeam 00:04 31 Jan 15

Hi Guys

I'm getting this Problem on my P.C. I'm using windows XP: Administrator has restricted this computer to access USB/1394 mass storage devices

I've looked into the problem and my P.Cs not an Acer, It's a Carilion I use it for music. I'm about to update and buy a new P.C. but I need it running for a few more months and I need to access the USB drives

It's driving me insane...

please HELP!!!

eyeam 00:42 31 Jan 15

The icons, including the DVD/CD have a red circle/line through them (the classic "no entry") I used the USB literally a week ago ... All was fine then?

robin_x 02:17 31 Jan 15

Right click them and Uninstall, then re-boot.

They should be reinstalled automatically.

eyeam 10:26 31 Jan 15

Ok, how do I restore and will I lose any saved work from that period?

Thanks.

eyeam 12:26 31 Jan 15

Ah.. Ok. I haven't downloaded anything in that time. The only thing I'm worried about loosing is the work I've done since> Will system restore dump everything or just programs?

Anyone have any other options? I'm desperate

Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:29 31 Jan 15

system restore just restores windows files and the registry it will not affect any work files you have saved.

eyeam 14:11 31 Jan 15

I can't even connect to the net using that P.C (I'm typing from another) so I can't even send the files to myself?

I'm going to go for system restore, I need to get working!!

How do I do it from the star menu (I'm using XP)

I can"t locate this > All programs Accessories.System tools. System restore.

eyeam 15:26 31 Jan 15

Please anyone?

eyeam 15:41 31 Jan 15

Anyone Please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:50 31 Jan 15

type or paste the following command in the Start - Run box then press Enter.

%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

This command can be used at the Safe Mode Command Prompt also.

eyeam 15:57 31 Jan 15

I did system restore back to Jan 4th before the problems.. still the same. Nothing has changed!!! This is so frustrating

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…