Administrator files

rusty 20:45 20 Sep 04

My c:\drive has suddenly filled up with 5.5 GD of unknown files.
I have narrowed in down to the “Administrator”files, on checking the Cookies/ Desktop/Favorites/ Documents/ folders, there is only 200MB visible.

Is there anyway to open any hidden files that my be in this folder, or any suggestions or ideas as to how I can view these files.

Using WinXP Pro.

Rusty

stalion 20:55 20 Sep 04

if you know what file you are looking for go to file search and click advanced options and tick show hidden files

rusty 18:35 21 Sep 04

STALION

Thanks for your suggestion, but as I did not know any file names I tried a search using *.* over the last 8days with no result.

I then tried searching using different combinations, still no luck so I shut down for the night . This morning I decided to defrag, on completion I looked at the log and noticed a lot of TEMP files, so I returned to the XP search and this time made a search using *.tmp, witch came up with about 80+ temp files.

I deleted as many of these as XP would allow. The result is that I have recovered more then the 5.5GIG I was looking for.

It seems that XP doesn’t list Temp in any searches it makes.

Rusty

rusty 18:37 21 Sep 04

STALION

Thanks for your suggestion, but as I did not know any file names I tried a search using *.* over the last 8days with no result.

I then tried searching using different combinations, still no luck so I shut down for the night . This morning I decided to defrag, on completion I looked at the log and noticed a lot of TEMP files, so I returned to the XP search and this time made a search using *.tmp, witch came up with about 80+ temp files.

I deleted as many of these as XP would allow. The result is that I have recovered more then the 5.5GIG I was looking for.

It seems that XP doesn’t list Temp in any searches it makes.

Rusty

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…