"Administration has stopped working"

WightRob 22:02 12 Feb 08

I have just tried installing some software on my laptop running Vista. I have installed the same software from the same disks on 2 separtate desktops running XP Home and XP Pro with no problems.

On the laptop I get a MS Windows error message stating: "Administration has stopped working"
"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

That's it!

Anyone have any ideas?

skidzy 22:08 12 Feb 08

Whats the software ?
Have you checked its Vista compatible ?

WightRob 22:15 12 Feb 08

The software is a CAD packag. I have a mate who has successfully loaded this onto a Vista laptop so I am assuming that it is compatible.

skidzy 22:24 12 Feb 08

Dosnt sound to good via Google click here

If the software installs ok,try running it in compatibility mode click here

WightRob 22:51 12 Feb 08

Hmm, interesting.
Thanks for that.
As the software does not install, I'm not sure that Compatibility Mode will help though. In any case, I seem to remember Compatibility mode in XP not being a lot of cop.

I have just tried setting up THE administrator account as in XP. i.e. access it via Safe Mode. According to some threads, this works the same in Vista but I only get the option of my one account.

Does anyone know if Vista has an overall admin account?

skidzy 19:14 13 Feb 08

Vista has a hideen super user account,this may help click here

skidzy 19:14 13 Feb 08

Hidden !

WightRob 06:50 14 Feb 08

Thanks for the info skidzy. I checked it out but could not get it to work. The password setting line seems to be correct but there seems to be an error in the activate command. I checked another forum that I use and got the command 'Net user administrator /active:yes' This works OK.

mrwoowoo 06:54 14 Feb 08

Go to control panel>user accounts and turn user account control off and then install.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…