Admin tools/Computer managment

ianhad 12:18 30 Mar 06

When I go into Admin Tools all I get is Event Viewer.
No Computer Managment. Any ideas how I get it all back? Ta.

ACOLYTE 12:28 30 Mar 06

I have to say i dont know how to get into admin tool's,but you should be able to get the computer managment console by right clicking my computer and selecting manage.If that is admin tools,forgive me i have never heard it called this before)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:13 30 Mar 06

Are you logged on as an Administrator?

ianhad 08:49 31 Mar 06

Fruit bat, as far as I know I'm the administrator, I'm the only user. Every thing was OK till I ran one of those file cleaner programms!

crosstrainer 11:52 31 Mar 06

You can reinstall the admin tools from your xp disc in the value added folder

Pineman100 15:32 31 Mar 06

If you use System Restore to roll back to a date before you installed the file cleaner, this should rectify the problem and get rid of the crappy software, both at the same time.

Remember that it will also lose any other software that you might have installed since your chosen roll-back date.

ianhad 10:24 02 Apr 06

crosstrainer, have looked in valueadded, can't find anything that looks OK.
Can't use system restore as that is part of system tools/management.

rawprawn 10:28 02 Apr 06

Try a system file check Start/Run/type sfc /scannow you will need your XP CD

VoG II 10:35 02 Apr 06

Start, Run, type

c:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

and click OK to launch System Restore.

Coff 14:19 02 Apr 06

There is a fix click here to recreate the shortcuts that you've lost from the Administrative Tools Folder. Scroll down to Case 2 and you will see the AdminTools fix. However, as far as I know, the Computer Management Shortcut isn't normally in the Administrative Tools Folder.

If you go to the C:\Windows\System32 folder you'll find COMPMGMT in there. You can create a shortcut for it. and place it on your desktop and then drag it into the Administrative Tools Folder in Control Panel.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009