admin tools-event viewer-error codes

the old man 13:08 02 Oct 05

sorry about the header of post but only way I could describe problem.
does anyone know in layman's terms what certain codes are and have any help to eradicate. I have been having problems with erratic freezing of system and reboots. checked event viewer after reading another post. within the three sections, system, etc I have had a load of error messages and warnings. i think these may well coincide with these reboots. don't have time now to list all codes but wanted to see if there is anyone out there. have looked on ms site but most is gobbledegook.

Zaphod Beeblebrox 13:17 02 Oct 05

can you give a bit more info on what error messages you are getting this may help in determining what the problem is

Stuartli 13:23 02 Oct 05

The error messages will be outlining what caused the problem.

There are four sections. Open the one in which you are getting error messages and double click on an error line.

You should get a panel up detailing the problem.

VoG II 13:54 02 Oct 05
  the old man 19:24 02 Oct 05

error codes are on all of three, application, security and system.
examples are as follows,
cleaning up corrupt content index metadata on d:\system volume information\catalog.wci. index will be automatically restord by refiltering all documents.

content index on d:\system volume information\catalog.wci is corrupt. please shutdown and restart the indexing service (cisvc)

the content index filter for file "c:\windows\internet logs\zalog2005.09.10.txt" generated content data more than 8 times the file's size.

these are just a few. a lot in the system part refer to anti. vir. service service.

winxp sp1, athlon 2000xp, 512mb ram.
ZA, AVG7 LITE, Spybot, adaware, MS antispyware, spywareblaster, a2, ccleaner.
reseated memory modules, graphics card, checked all power leads to and from psu and components.

the old man 19:29 02 Oct 05
  the old man 19:34 02 Oct 05

click here

this error came after i was logging in and i did not enter wrong username or password. the error was in the security section of event viewer.

the old man 07:07 03 Oct 05

bump

the old man 18:48 04 Oct 05

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…