ADMIN PROBLEM XP HOME

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 15:04 28 Mar 04

Right i just ran the control userpasswords2 option in xp and it seems that i have 2 admin accounts with different names and i cant accsess the other when logged in as admin on the other name,i installed xp with 1 name then changed my user name in contol panel after to show somthing else now i cant accsess the other name unless i log out and start in safe mode as the other name doesnt show up in the login options,how can i remedy this? without deleting one or the other account and keeping the name i have now.

Regards.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 20:32 28 Mar 04

Bump^

User-312386 20:47 28 Mar 04

Is it the ".NETPASSPORT" account?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 20:51 28 Mar 04

I think so i do have a net passport account but i dont know if its linked to one name or both as i cant log in with the other name it doesnt show in user accounts in control panel either the only way i can see it is if i start in safe mode and it asks me witch account i wont to log in with there is my docs and folders for both accounts but i cant open them is says i need admin rights.

Regards.

User-312386 21:04 28 Mar 04

Ok this is the main admin account that has the all user rights the same as your main account and is the password is the original one when windows was installed

Have you tried typing in your original password? Also you may find that if you leave it blank and press enter you can access it

User-312386 21:06 28 Mar 04

Ok this is the main admin account that has the all user rights. The password is the same as your original account name when windows was installed.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 21:13 28 Mar 04

There isnt a password set on any of them at least i havent set one i just get the welcome screen and go straight to desktop with the user name i set up from within windows not the one i installed with.As far as i know they are the same account but i cant see a way to either delete it or use it if i could delete it i would be deleteing my own account,i think.

Regards.

User-312386 21:16 28 Mar 04

why would you want to delete this account?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 21:19 28 Mar 04

Well for 1 its got files all over the place that i cant get into and another somtimes when i download stuff it goes into the downloads folder of the other name and i cant accsess it.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…