adjusting screen resolution

saulmag 13:39 23 Jun 05

I am running Windows ME and I have an Adobe Photoshop programme that requires a screen resolution of 800x600 pixels.The screen resolution on my computer appears to be stuck on 640x480 pixels.
I have tried going on,
1 My Computer
2 Control Panel
3 Display
4 Settings

At this point the screen area is 640x480. when I try to adjust this by left clicking and holding down the mouse, the slider will not move and doesn`t adjust the setting. Can you please advise me what else I can do to adjust the setting

My computer is a Compaq Presario SWV250 5000 series

gudgulf 13:56 23 Jun 05

You are probably running the standard vga settings.You will probably find you have limited ability to change the colour quality too.If you click on the "Advanced" tab in the Display settings box and select "Adapter" what graphics adapter is listed(or open Device Manager and see what is listed under Display Adapters).Chances are you need to install some new graphics drivers.

ventanas 13:58 23 Jun 05

Looks like its lost the graphics driver. How many colours is it using?

If 32bit try turning this down a bit. it might free the slider to the left. If it states 16 you have definitely lost the driver and will need to reinstall.

By the way you might find Photoshop a bit dificult in 800x600 anyway. I wouldn't use anything less than 1024x768.

Completealias 14:00 23 Jun 05

I would say you need to update the drivers for your graphics card. Do you have the discs that came with your pc?

If so look for the one with your device drivers on it and then look for ones relating to your graphics card. There may be a setup.exe file for your graphics drivers or you may have to open up device manager right click on your display adapter and choose update driver and point to the disc with the drivers on it.

If you haven't then you'll need to find out what card your graphics card is and download the drivers for it everest should help you find out what card you've got click here you can then find the drivers for it

ventanas 15:33 23 Jun 05

Looks like this may be the driver click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…