Adjusting Partitions in 'Computer Management'

ronec 16:26 03 Jan 14

I wish to shrink the volumn of my D: drive and hopefully give more to the main C: drive. If I right click the D partition it gives me the option of 'shrinking the volumn. If I do this, will it automatically assign the lost GB to my C: drive?

chub_tor 16:58 03 Jan 14

For a step by step procedure Click Here

ronec 17:22 03 Jan 14

Thanks chub_tor. Unfortunately the 'Increase volume' button is greyed out, in both C&D drives; only the 'Shrink Volume' button is available.

chub_tor 17:36 03 Jan 14

Yes it does seem that the Disk Managment tool is not as perfect as I thought it was. Personally I have used one of the tools listed here that's the one called Partition Wizard and found under mini tool Partition Wixard Home Edition which can be found at Click Here I found this simpler to use than some of the professional partitioning tools.

BRYNIT 17:57 03 Jan 14

As the C drive is active you cannot resize it you will need one of the free programs EaseUS partition master or Paragon partition manger as they change the partitions size on the next boot. Giveaway of the day have EaseUs Partition Master pro for free until 8am tomorrow CLICK HERE

ronec 20:40 03 Jan 14

Thanks chub_tor. I have just downloaded and used Mini Tool Partition Wizard. Not only did it move the free space I required, it also found all the Recovery media in the spare partition, that Windows could not. I find it amazing that Windows cannot find it's own media. Thanks again. I can recommend this software for ease of use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009