Adjusting page brightness in Microsoft Word

firegamp 18:24 31 Jul 09

I must be getting old! The brightness of the "paper" on which I "type" in Word 2002 is starting to strain my eyes much more than it used to. Can someone please tell me how to adjust page brightness, contrast, colour etc, so that I can work for longer without my sight getting stressed? My system is XP Pro with SP3. firegamp

peter99co 19:33 31 Jul 09

On the open word document I clicked format and chose background (light blue) in the dropdown. I think I would want to return to white though if I went for a print

hastelloy 20:49 31 Jul 09

Start, Control Panel, Display, Appearance,Advanced. Under Item select Window, then select your colour from the drop-down. This will be retained as your setting each time you boot up but will not print.

golfpro 07:41 01 Aug 09

I have heard people say that white print on a black background works quite well. I haven't tried it maybe I will.

BT 08:26 01 Aug 09

White on Black has always been considered the most 'user friendly' combination for projected images and I suppose it still applies in the computer age. The old word processors mostly used white on blue as a default, but despite it still being a predominant preference in lots of web pages etc. it has been proven that a predominance of blue is not actually good for your eyes.

I too find the brightness of white pages is a bit excessive at times. It would be nice to be able to change overall default white in Outlook Express to a less bright option.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…