Adjusting Clock

steve-252371 19:03 18 May 03

The clock at the bottom right of my desktop is currently about 10 mins fast.If i right click the icon the up and down arrows are greyed out,sohow do i change it to the right time?

beeuuem 19:07 18 May 03

You can open the Date/Time Properties dialog box by clicking Start, pointing to Settings, clicking Control Panel, and then double-clicking Date/Time.

rawprawn 19:23 18 May 03

Get Atomic Clock it's free & it will adjust the time for you click here

Bagsey 20:08 18 May 03

What is your Operating System? If in XP right click clock ( bottom right) then go to Adjust date and time,internet time and update from internet.

keith-236785 20:21 18 May 03

DOUBLE CLICK the time, when the window opens, place the cursor on the minutes then use the up&down arrow to set the right time,(even though they appear greyed out they do work)then click apply and close, your time will then be set to your liking. hope this helps

graham√ 21:19 18 May 03

Wish I'd thought of this! :-)

Stuartli 23:13 18 May 03

Much easier and far more simple is to just double click on the time being shown....:-)

This applies to all icons in the System Tray.

Stuartli 23:16 18 May 03

You have to highlight which part of the time - hours, minutes or seconds - you wish to alter.

woodchip 23:17 18 May 03

Just double click the clock

keith-236785 00:29 19 May 03

Stuartli sorry bout that
yeah i forgot to say that but as it was stated that the clock was ten mins fast i just went straight to the minutes but thnx for expanding that info for others....
Paperman

keith-236785 00:32 19 May 03

another way is to highlight the numbers to change and then just type in the new numbers on your keyboard, just tried it and it works.
hope you got the answer you needed abacab.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…